An Angry Brother – The Advice of Elder Porphyrios

Another time, 
while I was speaking about another issue, he told me, 
“I see a brother who is very angry with you. 
He is like a beast ready to tear you to shreds.” 
(And this was truly the case but I didn't want to say it). 
“You are not to speak. We will pray and God will calm him down. Do you believe this?” 
“I believe it.” 
“God alone changes the hearts of people. No matter what we do and how many things we say, we can accomplish nothing.” 
“But he, Elder, why does he do this? Why does he act in such a way, Elder?” 
“Shh! Don’t speak. It’s not proper for me to tell you. You are to pray.”
(An Angry Brother – The Advise of Elder Porphyrios)
   From the book: The Divine Flame by Agapios, Monk published by The Holy Convent of the Transfiguration of the Savior, Milessi. 

Comments